Friday, July 16, 2010

Bunch of miscellaneous

Today the littles and I have to run a bunch of errands: Sams Club, Michael's, Target. What store do you most hate going in and why? For me, it's the UPS Store. Don't get me wrong: I vastly prefer UPS' cozy store and friendly counter-service over the USPS' cavernous warehouses stocked with surly customers (to say nothing of the actual employees), but unless I have to go to Safeway afterward, it's too much of a pain to drag out the stroller. That means I have to fill out forms with one hand, holding Megan in the other, and keeping both eyes on Ian to make sure he doesn't flee when the door opens.

We had an earthquake this morning. I didn't feel a thing. I'm good with it. Sleep > seismic activity.

Can we talk about photo-editing software for a second? Is it just me, or is it cheating? Discuss!

5 comments:

  1. I didn't feel the earthquake either. I think it was mostly north of DC. I think photo editing software might be cheating but I'll take all the help I can get :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually just had this discussion in my photography class. I feel that using it to fix a few imperfections is exceptable and also to take a photo and edit it for effects (more artistic) are okay. But when you edit a photo to change key features or achieve a personal agenda than you are getting into unethical territory. But that is merely my opinion. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, it's a slippery slope. Nothing drives me crazier than the new trend of blowing out the background, or oversaturating - and don't even get me started on the whole b/w with one element in color thing. I think it's easy to fix a couple of little things, but I think a lot of photographers focus so much on the edits that they forget what it is to take a good quality picture in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My professors this past semester forbid us from doing any edits and graded on the quality of our work. All manual, no editing makes a great learning experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is all kinds of awesome, in my opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete