Monday, July 26, 2010

It's been a while.

My dad called on Friday to let me know that my grandfather had not eaten or drank anything for three to four days, and that he had at most days, if not hours. As they're in western GA, it wasn't feasible to drop everything and fly down immediately - we waited for the call. It came on Saturday as I was on my way to scrapping with friends. So there will be no update until at least Thursday - I'm sure y'all understand. Be well in the meantime, and I'll catch you on the flip side.

In about three hours, the family will pile into the car to go to the airport. I hate traveling. I particularly hate traveling by myself, so having Jason and the kids there will make leaving so much better - even as it makes it harder - but I know that on Wednesday I will be able to come off the plane, leave the airport and see my beloved faces again.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss :-( I'm wishing you safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss. May his memory be for a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for your loss - have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete